4 days until departure!!

Wahoo, first post! First of all, I am so excited to be going to England and getting to work with another group of children for 26 days! FOUR DAYS AWAY. This is invigorating! For starters - the thing I am looking forward to the most is immersing myself in another country's culture. I am so excited to learn about any community I visit in England, and I am so excited to see what kind of culture the school hosts as well.

The school I am attending is an elementary school Derbyshire, England. From what I have learned through email correspondence and looking on the internet, I learned that this is a school that is very structured and rigorous about their academics. The school is adamant about their vision and values, and believe that children should flourish while in school, and I am right behind them on that.

While in England, first things first, I will have to adjust to the jet lag. I think that is what will affect me the most (at the beginning). I am a girl who NEEDS her sleep, so being messed up for a few days with aim to throw me off. But, I feel that I will definitely benefit from being around a whole new school atmosphere and being around new teachers (not that I don't love the ones I am with now)!! I also feel that I am going to have to adjust to their home daily routine as well as school's daily routine. It may not be what I am used to, but that is okay, you live and you learn!! Another thing I will have to adjust to is the food. I am a pretty nit-picky kind of girl. Yes, I have gotten much better about broadening my horizons food-wise since I have gotten older, but I am still not ashamed to say that my favorite meal is chicken tenders and fries (truly the best ever)!!!

Amongst the madness that is going on in my brain,  I have got to get things prepared! I have not even started packing yet, and that on its own is stressing me out!!! I have "last dinners" with friends these next three evenings, and will have to say goodbye to my 6th graders here on Friday (now Thursday), and I am dreading that on its own. But all-in-all, I am SO excited to be able to experience this adventure of a lifetime. Also, the next time I update, I WILL BE IN ENGLAND!!! Wahoo!!!

For all of those who took the time to read, I thank you!


Sincerely one crazy-brained student teacher,

Johanna Thomas

Comments

Popular Posts